Saturday, December 19, 2009

the holidays are not about my mother

GOD i'm so sick of people trying to shove my mother down my throat at the holidays. it's stressful, unnecessary, and downright patronizing. i'm old enough to decide with whom i do and do not wish to associate with, and my mother is one of the do-nots. why can't people just let it die? i'd love to spend the holidays with the remainder of my family, but like a turd that won't flush, it always comes back up.
i fucking hate the holidays now. more than i ever did in the past. it's almost not even worth it for me to visit. and as much as i try to enjoy my friends and family, there's always that dark spot creeping into the warmth of the season.

2 comments:

  1. The holidays are not about your mother but she loves you very much and I wish you could just give me a chance. I'm glad you have a boyfriend and are happy.I'm not a dark spot and maybe you could just give me a chance.Life is too short to carry resentments with you. You are brilliant and talented and I only want the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holidays can be a Bummer................. Watch out for that wolf in sheeps clothing. Nothing worst than one who feels they are the high and mighty. They live two lives one of lies and more lies. They feel they have done nothing wrong. We can not choose if someone is in out life for a season, reason or lifetime. Sometimes to be happy we need to move on.............. Be true to who you are and watch out for the wolf.

    ReplyDelete